President Kate Foye opened the meeting at 6:30 PM. There were 10 people in attendance. Both the secretary and treasurer’s reports were accepted.
- The Charleston Wrap orders have been submitted and will be in before Christmas break. They will be delivered to F/M School. Kate will need help in organizing and distributing the orders.
- The Halloween Dance was a success, but there was concern about parents dropping off and leaving children, the over capacity crowd in the gym, safety, and kids outside of D/N and F/M attending. The group discussed ways to make sure that kids are supervised by chaperones including a staff member from F/M. The upcoming Sock Hop will be limited to D/N and F/M students only. There will also be a parent sign-up on the flyer for kids who will be dropped off at the dance.
- Kate requested help at the F/M Book Fair, particularly on Friday, 11/22.
- The Family Fun Night at D/N will be held on January 8th from 6-7 PM. The committee has requested a donation of popcorn from the PTA. PTA volunteers will meet at 4:30 that afternoon to pre-pop the popcorn for the event.
- Joan Newkirk shared initial plans for F/M’s One Book One School event. This year’s book will be the graphic novel Lost Trail which is based on Don Fendler’s book Lost on a Mountain in Maine. The PTA agreed to provide food, prizes, and the $500 budgeted. Geniene reminded Joan that the Box Tops collected at F/M were used last year for additional funding.
- Wendy Jung shared a rough draft of the Parent Directory, an option for parents who wish to provide addresses and phone numbers for contact purposes. Jean Edmondson thanked the PTA for funding the Wolfe Neck Farm field trip for grade K students and returned some extra money to the PTA.
Kate closed the meeting at 7:30 PM. The next meeting will be at F/M School on Tuesday, December 10th beginning at 6:30 PM in the library.